Auto Injury FAQ in Norcross
Auto injuries can be debilitating for some car crash victims. At Injury and Wellness Specialists of Georgia, we help auto injury victims recover from their accident and feel like themselves again. If you've recently been involved in a car crash, you may have questions about chiropractic care for your injuries. The following FAQ can help answer some of your questions.
What are the symptoms of common auto injuries?
Auto injuries can take many forms, so the symptoms can be varied. A person involved in a car crash may suffer from whiplash, concussion, torn rotator cuff and more. Below are some of the symptoms to look out for if you are involved in a car accident:
- Pain in the back, shoulders, neck, arms and head.
- Dizziness and nausea.
- Inability to focus and difficulty remembering things.
- Stiffness in the muscles and reduced mobility.
Do symptoms start immediately after the accident?
This will depend upon the type of injury sustained. Some injuries are apparent immediately following the accident, while other injuries will take hours, days or even weeks to become obvious. While some patients may not be able to tell that they've been injured as a result of their car accident, a chiropractor can diagnose many conditions quickly. This is why seeing a chiropractor following an accident is so important: because your chiropractor may be able to diagnose your condition and get you started on treatment before you've even realized that you've been injured.
What can a chiropractor do to help your auto injuries?
Chiropractors treat auto injuries with a variety of natural, holistic treatments, including:
- Spinal adjustment. Spinal adjustment is a method that chiropractors use to realign the vertebrae of the spine, reduce muscle strain, improve mobility, restore functioning of the central nervous system and reduce pain.
- Massage therapy. Massage therapy is used to improve blood flow to injured areas of the body and reduce muscle tightness.
- Stretches and exercises. Chiropractors show their patients how to perform stretches and exercises that can improve strength in the injured muscles, improvemobility and help patients heal.
Is chiropractic care for auto injuries safe?
Chiropractic care is non-invasive and involves no addictive medications. In addition, each chiropractic treatment is personalized for the individual, so that each patient gets only the exact type of treatments that will be right for them.
Who can seek chiropractic care for their auto injuries?
Chiropractors see a range of patients, from very young babies to the elderly. Each patient begins their visit to the chiropractor with a consultation to set up an individualized treatment program. This will help ensure that the chiropractic care you receive will be right for you.
Auto accidents can be devastating, but at Injury and Wellness Specialists of Georgia, we help our patients recover from auto injuries like whiplash, concussion and more. For more information about how we can help you after a car accident, contact Injury and Wellness Specialists of Georgia in Norcross at 770-800-1000.
9:00am - 6:00pm
9:00am - 4:00pm
9:00am - 6:00pm
11:00am - 1:00pm
9:00am - 1:00pm