Here at Injury & Wellness Specialists of Georgia, we offer a variety of solutions for treating auto accidents in Alpharetta, GA and Norcross, GA and other injuries. Chiropractic care is central to our work for its ability to provide safe, drug-free pain relief. Chiropractic adjustments can take many forms and we provide several of them!
The Many Sides of Spinal Adjustment
- Full Spine Specific Technique - FSS Technique is one of the oldest and most traditional forms of chiropractic care. This adjustment technique involves examining the entire spinal column, identifying each and every misalignment, and then adjusting those that are most likely to be interfering with normal nerve signaling.
- ArthoStim - As effective as the manual adjustment is, it's not the only type of chiropractic care offered by our Alpharetta, GA and Norcross, GA chiropractors. Instruments can prove immensely helpful in delivering precise, targeted amounts of force. ArthroStim employs a handheld powered device that administers up to 12 thrust/recoil actions per second, and you can have it applied to any of your body's trigger points. This makes it useful for relieving muscle spasms resulting from an auto accident injury or other trauma.
- Activator Method - The Activator Method is another well-known example of chiropractic adjustment via instruments, and we're proud to offer this form of chiropractic care as well. An instrument called an Activator lets us make small, low-force adjustments in cases where the most delicate possible touch is indicated. Small children, elderly individuals, pregnant women, and other patients who require special handling are especially good candidates for the Activator method, but anyone who requires very small-scale adjustments will find it quick, painless, and very helpful.
- Thompson Technique - The Thompson Technique makes it possible to focus our attention on treating specific parts of the body as accurately as possible. The use of a special segmented table allows us to place these parts of the body in the optimal position for the necessary chiropractic adjustment. When you are lying on the table in a prone position, we can also determine whether one of your legs appears longer than the other -- which can help us understand how your auto accident injury is affecting your spinal alignment, balance, and posture.
- Non-surgical Spinal Decompression - When the spine is jolted by an auto accident impact, discs can slip out of place and put pressure on nearby nerve roots, creating pain, tingling, and a variety of other unpleasant symptoms. Many people can get the relief they need through non-surgical spinal decompression. A gentle distraction force draws the vertebrae apart. The resulting negative pressure can realign the discs, producing natural pain relief. It also draws fluids and nutrients into the discs so they can heal faster.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Chiropractor
A spinal adjustment could make all the difference in your ability to recover from your auto accident or other serious injuries. Contact Injury & Wellness Specialists of Georgia today at (770) 800-1000 to learn more!